Know the Pancreatic Cancer Types

The pancreas is a vital organ of the gastrointestinal system. The pancreas sits behind your stomach, under the liver, and close to your gallbladder and bowels. The pancreas is between six and ten inches long and two inches wide with three parts, the head, the body, and the tail.

95% of the pancreas comprises exocrine tissue that produces pancreatic enzymes for digestion. The remaining 5% of tissue consists of endocrine cells called islets of Langerhans that produce the hormones insulin and glucagon that regulate blood sugar and pancreatic secretions.

Pancreatic cancer

Caused by changes to cell DNA, cancer can start in nearly any …read more


Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/4/d181863590/htdocs/12/wp-content/themes/ribbon/single.php on line 48